Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

My son had his first date!

date

/dāt/

noun



Hershey's XOXO Milk ChocolateMy son has had the same "girlfriend" since they met in preschool and he is now in the second grade...he has forgotten many people he has met since then, some kids and some adults, even people that surprised me, but he has always had a special place in his heart for this little girl.  We went to Thunder Valley in Salem tonight so they could exchange their valentines....  Aiden got her 2 packs of costume rings, a pillow door hanger, a bobble head frog, a small box of chocolates, a card and a teddy bear balloon!  I just couldn't say no to his generosity, especially when he was spending $5 of his own money on her and that's a lot to him...lol...I love seeing this tender side of my little boy.  I think it even overwhelmed her a bit when she kept finding more and more in her bag, but he wanted to give her the world!  She made him an awesome card and got him chocolate hugs and kisses that he cherished.  He talked about his card and chocolate and his great night all the way home.

Though we have lived as far as 6 hours apart both of them have been determined to keep in touch and they exchanged letters and small gifts through the mail when they couldn't see each other.  Since we have moved back into the area he has gone to see her play softball and seen her at a friends birthday and both of them consistently mention one another.  They are so cute and miss each other dearly.  So a few weeks ago when I heard from her mom we started making plans to get them together around Valentine's Day.  We chose the 2 hour wrist band from Thunder Valley that started at 530 pm and lasted until 730 pm.  and gave the kids a limit on the tokens.  I know my son raced the indoor track countless times and they played at least 3 or 4 games of laser tag together....his girlfriend was a little less hip on the racing, but she did agree to race him a couple of times...lol...They also played in the jungle gym and came down the slides more times than I can count. It was such a great night and we ended it with pictures in the photo booth.  I actually thought I lost my copy of the first set so I got a second set and then my son found the "lost pictures" in his pants pocket on the way home...lol...both sets of pictures were totally worth it and so was the time we spent letting the kids have some fun and spend some time together.  I can't wait till we can get together again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment