Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!


I took the night off from my blog and from being a mommy last night to spend some time as a wife.  I am so thankful that my Mom kept the kids so the hubby and I could have some grown-up time, just the two of us.  We had a nice dinner at Rocas Mexican Grill in Radford, VA. The food was great, but the service could have been better. We got to the restaurant around 530 pm and the waiter was pretty attentive until it started getting busy at around 6 and a table of pretty girls got seated in his section...smh...
I chose the Tapatio which is a rib-eye and chicken dish with rice and beans and tortillas.  The sauce was excellent and so was everything else, except for the refried beans...maybe I don't like the oil they used?? IDK, but they were not to my liking. Josh had the Pina Loca which was yummy too. It was a shrimp and chicken dish served in a pineapple with a side salad.  At Rocas the chips are served with a medium salsa and a salsa blanca which I love!  They are even better than the dips at my other favorite local mexican restaurant, Rancho Viejo in Vinton, and that's hard to beat by my standards. Overall I would give the restaurant a 4/5 stars. After dinner we went to Walmart to walk it off a little and do a little browsing  before heading to our apartment for some cuddling and watching TV until we fell asleep.
This morning it was a balmy 17 degrees outside... NOT!...It was a cold 17 degrees...Lol, but at least the wind hadn't started blowing yet! There is a winter storm moving into the area tonight, so we got the groceries we needed, put the salt and the shovel by the door and ran the trash to the dump before we went to get the kids again...apparently everyone else in the area decided it was a good time to run the trash too and we actually had to wait in line...It was cold enough though that no one seemed to be taking their time and things moved along quickly so we had time for all of of errands.  We met Mom in Salem and picked up the girls and then finished up our Valentine's Weekend with a trip to Tokyo Express in Salem!  I love their California rolls dipped in their lobster sauce....mmmm mmmm mmmm....
 Though I do like a bouquet of flowers from time to time, I also cherish flowers that will bloom time and again reminding me of the person that bought them for me.  So when the holidays come around it is common for me to buy the whole plant instead of getting cut flowers. So when I saw these Calla Lillies... I just had to have them for Mom for Valentine's Day! Lucky for me she enjoys plants as much as I do and she will enjoy these beauties for seasons to come as well!

I hope each of you had as great of a weekend as we did and that your lives are filled with love every day!  Each time you visit my page it makes me smile and I hope that I make you smile too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment