Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Life on the farm!

I had to separate the Drakes again tonight.  They have gotten along together all day in the yard, but when it was time to go to bed Quackers, the large silver duck shown above, started going after Pretty Boy, shown below and he had to be moved out to the bachelor pad again.  I shipped one of the silver girl ducks off with him to keep him company and we will see what happens tomorrow.  If the rain clears it seems like it might be time to clip wings so that we can keep the birds separated...last time we separated them it only took two days for all four of the birds we moved to hop back over the fence into the main back yard.  I just hope they don't start climbing the fence when they can't fly anymore..lol...no seriously I have seen them do it but it does make me laugh. :0)
I got a good picture of Stubborn today too.  He was named stubborn because he didn't grow tail-feathers as quickly as the hens...kid logic, he's A's rooster.  He did finally grow some tail-feathers and you can see them in the picture above and him standing pretty in the picture below. 
He really is a sweet rooster, but he can still look mean when he wants to...hehehe...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment