Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Cleaning, Weaving and Derby Cars! Whew what a day!

Before:
Mom was in a car accident shortly after moving into her new home so things still haven't gotten unpacked and assigned a home and so we have been doing a lot of organizing.  Today's project was the office area in the basement.  It took us about an hour to get this room done and Mom continued to work in the Studio and got even more done.  
After:
While Mom was working in the Studio I took the opportunity to pull my new wedding shawl off the loom and start a new one with a "fiesta" colored yarn.  I got about a quarter of it done and I am loving the colors.  It is naturally creating a plaid pattern from the striping in the yarn that is beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished product!
After I got to weave for a little while I stopped to help the girls with their Pinewood Derby cars.  This is the first year they have gotten to participate with their big brother's Pack and they are so excited to be included.  We got the base of white put on Olaf today and added some more paint to the base for under the rainbow.  Tomorrow I am going to add some weights to the rainbow car and see if I can get it ready for wheels and axles and I am going to see if I can get Olaf's nose done and get his arms and hair ready to attach.  Our race, Blue and Gold banquet and Fella's Cake Bake Auction are on Saturday from Noon to 4 pm ? If anyone I know would like to come send me a text and I will let you know where we meet!  My little buddy would love to have an extra guest or two! :)
So far Bedford County schools are still on a 2 hr delay for tomorrow...maybe I'll get even more done tomorrow...I know I'll enjoy the peace and quiet if nothing else... lol...People have always told me that one day I'm going to miss the noise, but for tomorrow I'll enjoy getting a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment