Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Something died in our Stove! Ugh!



I got up this morning at 7 am to make some extra icing and get these last four cakes done.  Then I went to church, got my grocery shopping done, went back to church for a Children's Ministry meeting and came home for today's cake tasting.  They loved all of the cakes, but ultimately decided to go with the white chocolate cake with white chocolate icing.  We went over style and all that and got things nailed down and on Wednesday we get to go shopping for some of the supplies.  I am getting excited about cake decorating again and even got an order for another cake today.  Stay tuned for pictures of the Luau cake that I will be working on for the end of April and wedding cake pictures for the beginning of April!

I had been smelling an ammonia smell near the stove for a couple of days and hadn't been able to track it down and luckily I had baked the test cakes in Christiansburg instead of at Mom's in Bedford...   Because tonight, when Mom turned on the oven to 450 degrees to preheat it for dinner the smell became unbearable.  So I did a little more investigating and determined that the smell was coming from the stove between the burners and the oven... I pulled the stove out, opened up the back and found that I still couldn't get to that part of the stove, but the odor got worse and worse... Best I can tell something died in our stove... So I strapped it to the dolly and out to the yard it went and because of that our stove is now sitting in the yard and we have been reduced to a toaster oven, microwave and deep fryer until further notice, but that's ok.  We do at least have a spare stove in the basement, but it is gas and the one in the yard is electric.... soooo it may be a little while, but we should at least have a stove in time for me to get my cakes done. :)

On a brighter note, Aiden and I found a little extra time today and we got to do our dinosaur project for Cub Scouts that will be a feature of our next meeting.  Each of the Wolf Cub Scouts has to make-up their own dinosaur, name it, describe it and then build it for the "Digging in the Past" belt loop.  Our Dinosaur is a "Picklosaurus" and it is a carnivore that lives in the Tundra.  It walks on six legs, has wings, features every color, has a short neck, four sharp teeth and it runs super fast.  Aiden is going to have such a good time presenting it at the meeting and hopefully he will be able to help the other boys a little since we have his done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment