Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I love days that end with a feeling of accomplishment! #CubScoutsRule


Today was one of those amazing accomplishment filled days!  Even after a 2hr delay for school, Mom and I still got a project completed!  I know amazing right?  Especially since the kids missed the bus this morning and then when we were almost to drop off I realized one of the kids didn't have their coat on and had to go all the way home to get it.  But as soon as I accomplished taking them to school I got to work and cut the last 4 supports that we were going to need and Mom sanded and filled old nail holes in the wood.  We did have to fill the holes with white toothpaste, due to our Spackle having mold in it, ewww, but otherwise we had everything we needed on hand.  Once the project started coming together we decided that two shelves would be better than three, so we had a few left over boards, but I think we made a big improvement to the Pantry/ Laundry room and I can't wait to show it off when we have it painted and organized.



By the time we got that project done it was time for lunch, housework and paperwork until the kids got home around 3pm.  They all had great days at school and there wasn't much homework so we had some free time before dinner and the kids got to use some of the beads and strings Aunt Barbara and Uncle Steve got them for Christmas to make necklaces and bracelets...at least until Minecraft came calling... lol... and then dinner followed shortly after.


I have had to get a little creative with cooking since we put the stove in the yard and I thought I had a great plan with deep fried chicken legs.  *Note to self* -- they are thicker than chicken wings and don't work as well in the fryer, next time we will stick to baking them even if it has to be in the toaster oven.  I served instant potatoes with microwave heated water and also cooked the corn in the microwave.  If nothing else I had good intentions and had planned a well rounded meal, even if things didn't turn out as planned.

At least Cub Scouts went better than dinner and we got to have lots of fun learning about Dinosaurs, building our own Dinosaurs and digging through our "Dino Dig."  The boys all used their imaginations to their fullest to come up with their original Dinosaurs and so did our tag-a-long.  After we had them all glued together I had another parent help the kids with the Dino Dig while I cleaned up from our previous activities and they were able to reveal some of the hidden items, but found out how hard it is to actually remove them from the rock.  Next week we will be working on finishing the "Council Fire" belt loop and we will be starting "Hometown Heroes".  I have posted a bunch of pictures below of our Dinosaurs that I hope you all enjoy, I couldn't pick which were my favorite pictures so I shared them all this time... lol! I am so proud of all of my Wolf Scouts and the awesome job they did tonight!
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment