Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Arts and crafts on a budget :)

I have been working on creating Valentine's gifts for my husband this year and I have come across a lot of great ideas. So far my son and I have worked together on two presents and I have made a third out of things we already had in the house. I have a few other projects for Valentine’s Day and some just to be creative, that I wanted to do as well, so we made a trip to the Dollar Tree and picked up a few more supplies.

Arts and crafts can get very expensive to do if you are not a savvy shopper. I like to keep a supply on hand for whatever project ideas I come across, so that my son can show off his creativity on a regular basis. I will usually shop the back to school sales each year, where I will pick up Elmer's glue, glue sticks, crayons, markers and construction paper at a reasonable price. We will also make trips to the Dollar Tree periodically to pick up extras, like foam stickers some seasonal and some themed, finger paints, foam craft kits, baskets, pipe cleaners and whatever else we can find that sparks our creative side.

Today we found a selection of Valentine's themed foam stickers (200 to a pack), 3 different foam craft kits for Valentine's Day projects, a 4 pack of finger paints, a cute 5x5x5 gift box for my "Date Night" bucket project, and a huge selection of themed foam stickers (100 to a pack) - Aiden chose the dinosaurs this time. I spent a little over $6 and we were able to add 300 foam stickers, a kit to make 2 foam Valentine's door knob hangers, and 4 colors of finger paints to our art closet as well as getting a few other items. So remember, arts and crafts don't have to cost an arm and a leg, you just have to know where and when to shop for your supplies. Then just let your creative energy out and don't be afraid to express yourself.

Where do you find the best deals on arts and crafts supplies?

No comments:

Post a Comment