Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Diaper Rash ...what a pain in the *ss ;)

When my son was a baby, I thought that some of my friends must have been doing something wrong, like not changing diapers often enough or something. They were always having trouble with diaper rash. Even the baby girls that my husband’s grandmother watched seemed to always suffer from it after a weekend with their parents. Now I am convinced that little girls just have more sensitive skin than little boys do.

My girls seem to get diaper rash from everything. They are more sensitive to mangos, strawberries and tomatoes than other foods. Then once they get a rash nothing seems to help at all. We have tried miracle cream, A&D ointment, Baby Powder, Vaseline, and nothing has worked like it did for my son. With him, we just used Vaseline on his bottom each time we changed him and never had a worry. I have finally resorted to just plain corn starch and it seems to work better than anything else. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones you will find and the cheapest.

So in closing, to any of my friends that I was judgmental towards when I didn’t know better, I am truly sorry. I have tried to be less judgmental in general over the years, but I know that over the years I have definitely judged others with no personal experience to justify my feelings. For that I am sorry. Personally I do feel that each baby’s skin is different and it’s just finding the proper treatment for your child, but if nothing else seems to work you may want to try plain corn starch from the baking goods isle, it could really surprise you and save you lots of money at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment