Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Garden of Love :)

I decided to continue with a Valentine's arts and crafts theme for a few days as the holiday of love is fast approaching. The first project that I did with my kids is called "Garden of Love".

You will need a piece of paper big enough to put a handprint from each child on, some paint and a wet wash rag. Preferably you will want green and some floral colors, we used red, blue and yellow paint and mixed some to also make green and purple.

I started by placing 3 blank pieces of paper on the table and having my son, the oldest, put a handprint on each one in blue, towards the top and kinda centered, then I added a handprint from Isabella in purple to each page and finally I added a handprint from Emma in red to each page. Depending on the age of your children and the level of co-operation you can get out of them, this could be more difficult than it sounds. Once I had all of my handprints done, I mixed some green paint and added stems and leaves to the bottom of each handprint turning them into flowers. I actually liked the pictures better plain, but for an added touch i also put a yellow sunshine in one of the upper corners. After they were dry I added the name of each child to the picture under their handprint.

Since my youngest children are less than a year old, it was challenging to get them to co-operate and open their hands to get a proper handprint, but we managed, kinda, lol. The main reason that I made three at once was so that I could pick the best picture for my husband and frame it so that he could display it for years to come. The other two were cute as well so once they dried I filed them away to save for possible gifts for others. Here are pictures of our masterpieces.




What kind of handprint art have you done with your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment