Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, February 17, 2012

I've been brainstorming about cake designs :)

As a cake decorator I have put a lot of thought into the best way to do the birthdays cakes for the upcoming party. Since I chose the "prince & princess" theme for the party, I have been trying to come up with the best way to incorporate crowns into the cake. I also want to make sure the girls have their smash cake this year, but I don't want Aiden to feel neglected so I am going to make one for him too.

My most recent idea is to make the crowns out of sugar cookies and then pipe icing around the outer edges. Each crown will bear either a 1 or a 4, with the girl’s crowns matching and Aiden's being unique. The border and writing on the cake will bear a color pattern of green, pink and purple with a white base color. Each smash cake will be done in one of the three colors with a white base color as well. I am still undecided on where to put the candles, but it will all come together in the end.

I can't wait to show off pictures of my latest cake creation. I hope everyone is having a good night, my internet has been down for 11hrs, so I am a little behind checking in, but definitely didn't forget about y'all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment