Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Do-it-yourself projects are the way to go :)

So I put in my notice at Liberty Medical today to prepare for my job at HSN. They were appreciative that I put in a two week notice and was professional in the way that I left. It is nice to leave a company knowing that if I want to go back in the future it is an option. You should always leave a company on good terms, in my opinion, so that you are not closing doors behind you, but instead leaving them open just in case you need to go back through them one day.

As soon as my notice made it from my pc at Liberty to the HR department, they told me I could go ahead and leave and I would not be required to actually work out the two weeks. So I made the most of the day and went out to get a new phone for my office and then came home and moved a phone line. I now have a phone jack near my desk and a new phone that is ready for a headset to be plugged into it as well. It was actually really easy to disconnect the jack and move the line and then reconnect it again, there are only two wires and neither of them are live so no power to shut off or anything. I was going to pull the line through the floor from it's original location and then re-route it, but even after taking the quarter-round out around it, I still couldn't get it to go back through the little tiny hole because of the paint that had been caked on it. So we cut it and then re-routed it instead. (I was trying to take on this project all on my own and would have been able to do it, but the hubby decided he needed to be involved to make sure I didn't jack it up... lol) I am glad that I was able to call my Daddy last week and find out just how simple the process was. It was well worth moving it myself instead of paying the phone company over $50 to do it for me. This is just another example of why do-it-yourself projects are the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment