Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

I am getting back on track

It has been brought to my attention that my blog has veered off course.  I intended this to be  a site that would challenge families to do more things together and inspire them by giving them ideas for activities.  Instead as of recently I have been doing more venting and sharing a little more personal information than I probably should on an open forum such as my blog.  So I am working on getting back on track and will also be asking for more participation from my readers as well.  As well I will be a little less specific with names in the future.

"A" and I went to story time again today.  The stories were about dogs and the kids even got to give a toy bone to a puppet dog. Then their craft was a cust dog made from a toilet paper roll.  "A" did a lot better this week at keeping his hands to himself, but was disappointed that his "favortie friend" was not available for a play date after.  I will have to see if I can arrange another playdate for after story time next week. I was thinking about doing a picinic lunch at the house and then letting them play in the yard and on the trampoline for awhile. 

Next week will be the last week of this session of storytime for Glenvar Branch Library and then Summer Reading session will run from June 13 - July 12 on Wednesday and Thursday 10:30 am - 11:15 am.  During our break there will be a Kick-off Summer picinic on Friday June 8th.  It will be at Greenhill park from 5-7 pm.

Since I will be working that night and not able to attend, I was looking at the website for Salem Public Library to see if they were going to have a summer event as well and I stumbled upon http://www.lva.virginia.gov/lib-edu/ldnd/tumblebooks.htm these are free books that are available online.  There is audio and moving illustration for each story as well as games for reading comprehension.  There is no fee to use this site which is awesome. "A" wanted to listen to all of the stories the first time we visited the site, so I hope that you and your children find it educational and entertaining as well.

Has anyone else heard of any picinics around for kids? Free or cheap activites in the area that you would suggest checking out?

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I read your blog for the honesty (and the venting). It's nice to know someone else has the same daily challenges. And of course I like the details, because I know you and like to see what's new with you guys. Just my two cents. PS - Cheap fun thing to do with kids, petting zoos are especially fun the spring when all the baby animals have just been born.

    Not sure if this posts my name, but it's Mary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I like that idea, I wonder if E would scare the animals, I will have to tape her reaction to the dog. She sounds terrified, but based on the look on her face she is is so happy :) She loves to squeal at the dog and the cats :) I miss you, sometimes I wonder who is looking through my window to the world. I am glad that you take the time to keep up, sometimes i wish more of my friends would pull up the blinds and let people peer in from a distance. My schedule is very different than most of the best friends that I have, and I know it is hard to do 10 things at once, so keeping up with others when it is convenient to both parties is nearly impossible sometimes. -- I told J the other day that my blog had transformed into a virtual scrapbook. I am going to try to mesh that with ways I find to bond, save money and give my family everything I can AND hope that people actually read my story and enjoy knowing some of the things I have learned.

    ReplyDelete