Welcome

Welcome to our world... I hope you enjoy your visit and come back often to see what new things we have gotten into.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Yay! It finally stopped raining! :)


 
I am sooooo happy that it stoped raining!!! We had a chance to get outside and get the woodpile moved and restacked, got racks put up for the canoe and kayak, got the yard mowed, the weed eating almost done, the trampoline cleaned off and we got to have a nice visit with Aunt Ni-Ni. 


I got up this morning with a long list of things I wanted to do.  The first thing on my list was to move the wood pile and help “J” put up brackets for the canoe and kayak.  For days now, “A” has been begging to go outside all day every day.  So with a long list of outdoor chores, we started our day with breakfast and headed out the door.  Yeah, it was a hot day, and even I got a little sun burn, but still.  As I moved the wood, “A” and I uncovered lots of different types of bugs (potato bugs, ants, roaches, spiders, centipedes, and some beetles). I commented about 1/3 of the way in… “Look there’s mouse poop.” At the bottom of the pile we did find a momma mouse and 3 baby mice.  That poor mamma mouse had triplets, and as she ran from me, so that I did not capture them, she dragged two of them from her teats. Oh My Goodness, it hurt bad enough to have two of them suckle at the same time, I could not imagine three or more at once, LOL. “A” and I caught one baby mouse, but it’s eyes weren’t even open.  We figured out that Momma Mouse was just inside a little tiny hole that lead under the shed and through the gravel.  She still had 2 of her 3 babies, they were all gray and she was a chestnut brown.  I checked out the baby mouse she dropped and it didn’t have teeth yet, it didn’t even make much noise.  I had to help “J” hang brackets for the new boats, so I left the baby mouse in a big bowl with “A” to watch over it.  He picked it up, and since I knew it didn’t have teeth yet, and there was no real danger, I just watched and reminded him to be gentle.  “A” found the hole she went into, which looked way too small, but Momma Mouse poked Her little nose and big eyes and long black whiskers  out to find her baby when he/she squeaked.   “A” put the baby mouse down near the entrance to the hole.  Momma Mouse grabbed up her baby on the third try, just like a Lioness would grab up one of her cubs.    It was sooooo cute and though “A” was sad to lose his new friend, he seemed to understand if we couldn’t catch the Momma, the baby was as good as gone.

Iz and Em were happy to visit once they had their after nap snack !!! :)

 


My biker babies!  All three of them were ready to roll!!!




Em is always laughing, I hope she never grows out of it!


Riding on the tractor with Daddy is always soooo much fun, wait til they are big enough to mow, I bet it won't seem near as fun to ride on the tractor then. lol :)  I am off to relax for the rest of the night and get ready for another exhausting, but fun day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh God!! Thank you, I love them all!! Thank you and going to see if I can get them in a folder!! Love you guys
    Ni Ni

    ReplyDelete